Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant
Are you thinking about applying for the Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Position? Read this first.
In this post, I’ll be covering all of the frequently asked questions and some in-depth information about becoming a Frontier Airlines flight attendant.
What Is Frontier Airlines?
Frontier Airlines is an Ultra-Low-Cost airline headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
What is an Ultra-Low-Cost airline?
An Ultra-Low-Cost airline is an airline with no frills, just the basics in order to keep the costs low and that ultra-low-cost model allows the airline to pass on the savings to it’s customers.
Frontier Airlines “A Whole Different Animal”
Where Are Frontier Airlines Flight Attendants Based?
Frontier Airlines has flight attendant bases in:
DEN – Denver, CO
LAS – Las Vegas, NV
MCO – Orlando, FL
MIA – Miami, MI
TPA – Tampa, FL
ORD & MDW is opening soon – Chicago IL
ATL – Atlanta, GA
PHX – opening soon!
TTN – Trenton, NJ
PHL – Philadelphia, PA
Frontier Flight Attendant Requirements
- High school graduate or GED required
- MUST BE 20 years of age to begin the interview process.
- 1 to 2 years of customer service experience preferred
- Valid passport is required, the ability to travel in and out of the United States, and the ability to travel to all current and future international destinations served by Frontier Airlines is required
- Must present a neat professional appearance and demeanor including adhering to Frontier Inflight uniform and appearance guidelines, including no visible tattoos or multiple piercings. Tattoos may not exist in the following areas: shoulders to fingertips, neck or chest area, behind the ears and for women – mid-thigh to toes
- Must be willing to relocate to assigned base location
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours when needed
- Must be willing to travel for long stretches of time as part of the job
- Must be willing to change and adapt to meet the demands of the job, including accepting schedule changes on short notice
- Must be willing to fly both international and domestic routes
- Where permitted by applicable law, all candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based jobs, if not already employed by Frontier Airlines. Proof of vaccination will be required at hire.
Frontier International Destinations
Frontier services some interesting cities. As a Frontier Flight Attendant you may go to some of their international destinations.
- Antigua (ANU)
- St. Martin (SXM)
- Aruba (AUA)
- Bahamas (NAS)
- Belize (BZE)
- Costa Rica (LIR & SJO)
- Dominican Republic (PUJ & SDQ)
- Guatemala (GUA)
- Jamaica (KIN & MBJ)
- Mexico (SJD, CUN, CZM, GDL, MTY, & PVR)
- Puerto Rico (BQN & SJU)
- El Salvador (SAL)
- Turks & Caicos (PLS)
- US Virgin Islands (STT)
I used “International” in quotes because airlines consider these locations as “domestic” even though most of those destinations are indeed international locations.
Frontier Flight Attendant Salary
Want to know how much money does a Frontier Flight attendant make?
Frontier Airlines flight attendants have a starting salary of $24.51. Topping out at $57.67 after 19 years. Frontier has one of the longest pay scales in the industry, meaning it takes the most amount of years to top out in pay.
Frontier has a straight reserve system. Which means that flight attendants will be on reserve (on call basically) until they are senior enough to hold a line of flying.
As a reserve flight attendant at Frontier, there are a minimum of 11 days off a month.
The reserve flight attendant guarantee is 75 hours a month. What is a reserve guarantee? It is a guarantee of 75 hours per month even if you fly less than that amount of hours.
If a reserve flight attendant flies more than 75 hours, they will be paid for all hours flown.
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Per Diem:
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant Hiring Process
The Frontier Airlines flight attendant hiring process is as follows:
- 1. Apply – Flight attendant applicants submit their resume online. An email will be delivered shortly thereafter, with a link to take an assessment.
- 2. VI – This is a 15 to 20 minute video interview.
- 3. F2F – The face to face interview, Frontier will fly you out to the nearest base for an interview.
- 4. Flight Attendant Training & Graduation – 3.5 – 4 weeks in Cheyanne, Wyoming
- 5. IOE – initial operating experience (within 10 days of graduation)
- 5. Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant!
Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant FAQs
The most frequently asked questions about the Frontier Airlines flight attendant position.
Are Spirit and Frontier the same?
Spirit Airlines and Frontier Airlines are most likely merging. They are both ULCC or Ultra-Low-Cost Carriers.
Once the merger has been approved, eventually the two airlines will merge, however mergers take years, and it happens one step at a time.
Even when they appear to merged, they will still be separate. Mergers take time, so as of now they are two completely separate airlines.
However, the merger is going to be a huge opportunity for both airlines, and once they get it all worked out it’s going to have benefits for both subsidiaries.
Is Frontier Flight Attendant training paid?
Side note, there are no vegetarian options provided at training, so if you have dietary restrictions plan ahead! The rooms do have a little refrigerator and microwave so you can keep some food in your room.
How long is Frontier’s Flight Attendant Training?
3.5 – 4 weeks, training is six days a week with one day off on Sundays.
Where is Frontier Flight Attendant Training?
Flight attendant training is in Cheyanne, Wyoming.
There isn’t much to do around the hotel, so if you are in training and need to go somewhere, you will need an Uber if you don’t bring your own car.
Training is usually 0800 – 1800, the days are long and there is a lot of information to learn.
You have 10 days to complete your IOE after graduation. An IOE is an initial operating experience. You will have a maximum of five days to relocate to your new base. Unfortunately, you need to pass the IOE or you could lose your job. It’s rare, but it can happen.
Do you get your own room at Frontier Flight Attendant Training?
Most people have a roommate, occasionally someone will get their own room.
Does Frontier Airlines require flight attendants to be vaccinated?
Yes Frontier does require flight attendants to be fully vaccinated before attending flight attendant training.
Who is the Frontier Flight Attendant Union?
The AFA – Association of Flight Attendants is the flight attendant union for Frontier airlines.
Frontier Flight Attendant Interview
Want some info straight from a Frontier Flight Attendant? Of course you do!
I did this Q&A or mini interview with Mellinda, who is a current Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant.
Who better to ask what it’s like working for Frontier, than a one of their flight attendants!?
How long have you been a Frontier Airlines Flight Attendant?
2 years almost to the day today…
Is Frontier Airlines a good airline to work for?
Where are you based?
LAS – Las Vegas, Nevada
How long do you think until you are off of reserve?
I will have a line next month!
What is the most senior base?
I’m going to go with DEN – Denver
What is the most junior base?
Oh, that’s a good question! Florida bases are trending as junior. My roommate from training has been holding a line for the past year in Tampa, Florida.
So she was only on reserve for one year, that’s great!
What is your favorite thing about Frontier Airlines?
Frontier is unique, and our passengers are very easy going, they are very chill.
What type of trips do you work and are they typical trips that new flight attendants will be working?
Early morning or late evening trips are the junior trips for my base. We have some afternoon trips, but several trips check-in after 6PM, there are quite a few redeye trips.
So there you have it, everything you need to know about The Frontier Airlines flight attendant position. Any questions? Let me know in the comments, I’d love to hear from you.